Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Favorite Health/Fitness Websites and Apps


Back from vacation and back to blogging! I've come up with a few ideas for this little blog and I definitely plan on posting more.

I'm hitting the gym hard...and still trying to reign in the diet from being in vacation mode, but all in all doing well. A few progress pics. 



[trying to grow my little arms]

[and shrink my legs...]



There are so many wonderful resources available for health inspiration and information, most of which can easily be accessed on your cell phone. However, with so much information so accessible, it's sometimes difficult to determine what you should actually be putting into practice. 

In no particular order, here are some of my favorites:


Apps

Jefit: I use this app all the time! It allows you to easily record workouts, find exercises, and even shows you an animated clip of how to properly perform the exercise. 


My fitness Pal: This app allows you to easily count calories. It has nutritional info for restaurant meals as well as packaged foods too. I don't count calories all of the time, but I feel that if you are first starting to lose weight it's important to know exactly how each thing you place in your mouth is affecting your body. I also think it's good to do an "audit" day every once in a while to see how your daily habits are.


Instagram: [you can follow me on instagram @cassiepadgett]
Instagram is a great source of inspiration! I have found several great bloggers through instagram. It's also fun to see  people's daily workouts and meals. Some of my favorite instagrammers are:
@efitmama, @laurengleisberg, @spoonfuloffit @muffintopless




Blogs

Fitness Barbie
Lauren posts her daily workouts and has great fitness tips on her blog...she also has an amazing body!  

Muffin Top-less
This girl is hot! She is proof that eating clean and lifting heavy will give you unbelievable results! Her blog has great fitness tips and yummy recipes. 

Mama Laughlin 
She lost a ton of baby weight and looks great and is also hysterical! She has a personal blog about her workouts, meals, and family. 

Skinny Meg
This woman has an amazing weight-loss story-- she lost over 100 lbs! She works hard and is so inspiring! 

Hungry Meets Healthy
I've been following Christina's blog for a couple of years now, and she is always great. She posts about her healthy lifestyle in Charleston, SC and features great recipes. 






Websites

Body Building 
This is an excellent resource for finding new workouts, nutrition info, and supplements. 

Pinterest
And of course, Pinterest is great for finding recipes and inspiration!  

I think it's so important to have health on your mind through out the day (not just during your workout). Pick a few resources to help you make small improvements in your life and you will see big changes! 


Where do you go for health inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment