Monday, March 24, 2014

Motivation Monday: Beauty Must-Haves for the Gym Bag

It seems a lot of ladies are deterred from working out, not because the time it takes to actually workout, but because of the travel/workout/shower/get ready time...which can be a lot. (See this Post by the Hollywood Housewife.)

When I leave the gym, I usually go straight to my afternoon nanny job. While this doesn't require a full shower/blow dry session, I usually like to freshen up. There are other times I'm going somewhere I need to look a bit more presentable...Here are a few of my beauty must-haves.






Tinted moisturizer- This is a double-duty product to use after wiping off my face when a workout is over. Evens out my skin, and gives me a little moisture as well. I've also used the oil-free (in the summer) and both are great! 

Dry Shampoo- I've tried several brands of dry shampoo, and I keep coming back to this $2 baby from Target (although I did recently try the Dry Bar brand Dry Shampoo and loved it, but for $20 I'm just going to pretend it never happened)

Body Spray- The little bottles of PINK body splash at VS are great. They are perfect for tossing in your gym back. The scents are fresh, but not too heavy.

Cucumber Wipes- I love these. They are great for taking make-up off before a sweaty workout or cleaning up after. I don't always take my make-up off before working out, but if I know it will be a particularly sweaty day (yoga, cardio, leg day) then I will. The cucumber scent is fresh and not over-powering at all. 

Lip Gloss- I usually just throw on some burts bees, but for some extra color these NYX lip butters are great. They go on so smooth and are only a few bucks at Ulta! 


Other musts: 

Deodorant- Obviously. I love Degree Men's deodorant!

Burts Bees- My ultimate must have. My husband and I have several tubes lying around. I've tried a lot of chap stick and lip balm, but this is the best (and the only things that works in dry Utah winters).

A Hat- When all else fails, and your hair isn't cooperating. Fortunately, ball caps are in! I have a black nike cap to wear with workout outfits and a navy JCrew cap I picked up on sale. There are tons of caps available right now- perfect way to cover up a bad hair day, protect your skin from the sun, and look chic while doing it! 

Bronzer- Again, depending on where you are heading will change how much make-up you'll want to throw on, but a nice dust of bronzer will give a little color and glow. I'm currently looking for a new one, so I don't have any good suggestions in this category! 



What are your post-workout beauty go-to's?

No comments:

Post a Comment