Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal

Continuing my quest to add pumpkin to (almost) everything this fall, I made pumpkin oatmeal a couple weeks ago for breakfast- and have made them several times since. I've been playing with the ratios to maximize fluff, and I think I've got it. I make up recipes all the time, but the thing is- I don't ever measure when I'm cooking (unless I'm baking, obviously). So since I don't actually measure, I can't really put said recipes on this little blog of mine. But this time I pulled out my measuring cups so I could share these babies. 

To keep you full, the oats are made with egg whites (which also make them fluffy) and protein powder--coming in at about 17g of protein-- not too shabby. They are a perfect breakfast for a cool fall morning, and even make for an easy breakfast at your desk as well. I just mixed all of the ingredients in a container and took it to work to microwave last week.






Ingredients (for one serving)

1/2 c old fashioned oats
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 t cinnamon 
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice

1/4 c egg whites
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2-3 T almond milk 


Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Easy as (pumpkin) pie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment