Monday, September 23, 2013

7 weird foods I'm loving

Here are a few (strange) recent food loves. Kind of an odd bunch, but once I find something I love, I'm obsessed with it for a few weeks (or months) then it's on to the next thing....


1. PB2 I was a bit late to the PB2 party because I couldn't find anywhere that sold it in Utah until the last few months (although it is available on amazon). I first found it at Harmons (local grocery), but now my closest Wal-Mart carries it. I love it in smoothies as well as on rice-cakes. Mix it with apple sauce instead of water for a yummy treat!






2. Rice cakes-- I love these things. My favorite used to be the Trader Joe's brand, but they stopped carrying them. It was a sad day, and I think I'm positive I gasped out loud when the guy at TJ's told me they were discontinued. :(  Now I love the Mother's brand from Whole Foods. Only 35 calories each- can't beat that! Top with peanut butter, PB2, bananas, hummus...the options are endless! 





3. Egg whites- I use a lot of egg whites (plain and in things like protein pancakes, etc.) but I hate separating eggs and throwing away the yolk. These babies are amazing. Once again Costco is my favorite! I have been loving egg whites cooked in coconut oil topped with cinnamon. I'm such a weirdo, but don't knock it till you try it! 



4. Silk Coconut Milk- I've loved the Dark Chocolate Almond milk for a while, but I recently picked this up and it is SO good (It was used in the smoothie I posted yesterday). Tastes amazing by itself and especially in smoothies. 


5.   Luna Bars- For an emergency snack, these are great. My favorite flavor is chocolate peppermint stick! So yummy! 



6.   Popcorn-  one of my favorite treats. I'm obsessed with topping popcorn with a little cinnamon and a few chocolate chips for a sweet and salty treat! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but it's seriously amazing.




7. Cinnamon! Lately I cannot get enough. I put it on everything! Like I mentioned above, on popcorn, egg whites, and even cottage cheese with apples. Naturally I have the big boy from Costco. Never enough cinnamon. 





What foods are you loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment